Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What's for Supper?

After watching Julie and Julia(which I enjoyed thoroughly), I have thought about doing a "What's for Supper?" Blog. When Pat Link worked here, that was one of things we would say to each other toward the end of the day. We would get ideas and recipes from each other. I love to cook and that was actually my dream, to be a Home Ec Major and work in the Better Homes and Garden test kitchen. Sad to say, I did not graduate from Iowa State, and ended up in an office for the last 26 years. C'est la vie. Coulda Woulda Shoulda.

So here I go - What's for Supper? Yesterday I put some not-such-high-quality beef ribs with onion soup in the oven (pork ribs much better) and when I came home, drained off the broth and made Aloha Spare Ribs added to that we had garlic mashed potatoes (amazingly enough, yes, real potatoes) and green beans with mushroom soup and ff onions. TIP: Ever since Rachel got me this gadget from pampered chef to chop up my hamberger, I found that it works really slick at making chunky garlic mashed potatoes.

Tonight??? Meatballs in mushroom soup w/sour cream over noodles and a lettuce salad.

1 comment:

Latcham said...

noodles?? just regular noodles?